31.8.18

DFI - Session 1

I had my first digital fluency intensive today. We learnt a lot of different, nifty tricks to make our digital lives easier. One of the reminders I got was how easy it is to use voice typing to convert speech to text in goggle docs. This is something I need to use more with my students in the classroom.

I also want to run a session with staff at school on google keep. This was invaluable on conference to take all my notes. I like the way you can label things and use it both for personal and professional reminders and notes.

4 comments:

Miss Peterson said...

These are also the two components I am looking forward to using.
I was looking for a new task for my reading tumble and I think the voice typing will be a great addition.

Miss Daly said...

Hi Kiri, just like Kendra said in her comment, I will be using those two tools immediately too. I can see the benefits of Google Keep for work and as a life hack. Voice typing will be an amazing tool to use for my real low writers, just to get their ideas on the page and less worry over their writing/typing skill. Did you know all the other tricks for Google Docs? I thought I knew how to use docs fairly well but I was surprised! See you next week.

Chrissy Eadie said...

Hi Kiri I like the idea of a fun Google Keep session with the staff. Don't know if I want my phone beeping at me as I drive past supermarket though :) See you tomorrow

Room 8 said...

Hi Kiri Voice typing will be great for one of my students. This is such a cool tool and the impact this will have on young writers in our learning hub who find it challenging to put their creative ideas on paper.